Wednesday 19 January 2011

All 'planned' out.

It feels like all i have actually done today is plan.
We had an introduction to a unit worth 20 credits about our future called Professional Practice. This unit is basically so that we can look at what we really want to do in the future with realistic prospects. The amount of work that has to be done for that is really quite daunting, and i really wish we hadn't had the intro until after dissertation was in, because now it's just one more thing playing on my mind.
(I have had a constant headache since last wednesday, and im running out of paracetamol)

This afternoon i had a tutorial with my dissertation tutor and she then made me realise that i only have TWO WEEKS, to get it done, and i have to re-write everything except half of the final chapter. So basically two weeks of doing nothing other than dissertation. It should be ok. But then i think im just telling myself that so i dont panic. Not that i usually do, but it could easily happen at the moment.
I have highlighted all of the time i intend to work on my dissertation on my timetable, so naturally the whole thing from now until the 4th february is yellow.

I'm just realising how disorientated i am with the dates at the moment. In my minds eye it is still the first week back at uni, and still in the first half of january. It's really not.
And this deadline is really creeping up on me fast.
I really do need to get my act together, but it's not going to happen today.
Tomorrow is business.
From then i become a working recluse with no life.

P.S. I forgot to take a photograph of my work for this mini exhibition, but i will take one soon i promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment