Sunday, 18 November 2012

Living with Man


We have done it.
We moved into our pretty little town house on Monday.
A day of stresses and rushed cups of tea.
Perching cars on pavements and cleaning with chapped hands.
Kittens sneaking in the house and jumping around open cars.
Busy. But good.

I am currently sat in the Maritime museum. Taking full advantage of the free entry and free Wifi, thanks to Man and his volunteering.
Able to blog and start the Living project. 

I am still lacking money severely. So apologies for the lack of photographs.
I have already managed to take a good few snaps to go towards my new project. 
(Mainly of made food)
I'm trying to make it as reflective as possible to how I am finding the new house and effectively the new experience of living with one other person under one roof. Someone who isn't part of my family.
Someone I have only really known for a few months.
We have been having fun in our home. Which it is already.
Sorting out our bedrooms, getting them perfect. Kitchens and communal rooms.
My bedroom; light, airy and matching. With a beautiful view. Standard Tash bedroom.
Man's is a mismatch of furniture and a beautifully bodged desk/workstation.
He gets a little bit proud when he talks about it.

At the moment it is mostly Man's possessions in the house. Seeing as I have been living from a few bags and boxes for the last few months, I don't really have anything to contribute to the feel of the house. Come December however, when we make a trip back up to Somerset, I am going to load up my car full of all my pretties. From my old room, my nice kitchen equipments, little nicknacks that have ended up spread around my house in Frome.
Girlify the house a little. Make it mine too.

After that, it will be getting onto Christmas time. Where hopefully me and Man can invite some friends and have a little early Christmas in our new house. Cosify the place with a tree and little lights. Maybe some small gifts under the branches before we head off to our separate families to celebrate.
Hopefully returning to Falmouth laden with leftovers. Bubble and squeak.

All this is at the front of my thoughts and my excitement.
But for now, I am enjoying the ease and simplicity of living with Man.
Flumes on our little decked garden. 
Cold breezes through the kitchen door. 
A view of the town. 
Planned meals and spontaneous drinks.
Movie watching and music listenings.
Coffees. Teas.

All of this is making me incredibly happy.
And to wake up in my own beautifully bright room.
With my own mark surrounding me.
The smell of my newly washed sheets.

I really am home.
Content.

No comments:

Post a Comment