Sunday 25 April 2010

Nutritious.

This weekend has been really fun in general, chilling with Gemma. A highlight of the weekend though has actually been the food, aswell as the company. On friday I bought our house a tiny little BBQ that is so short that it only comes to my knees, me being 5'3", this is quite small. Even so, it is a badass little cooking machine. Gemma came round on friday and we warmed up the new BBQ. I have been wanting to try out the recipe for quite a while and this was the perfect time. So i wrapped up two little foil packages, each of them containing a filet of Haddock, a slice and juices of a lime, lemon and orange, sprigs of dill, red chilli, and some onion. The original recipe calls for cod, and doesn't include dill, but because haddock has such a nice fishy flavour i put the dill in to bring it out. I dont mean to blow my own horn, but it was amazing, cooked to perfection and tasted beautiful. I served it with a salad with a little dressing on, and it just worked. The citrus was subtle, and the juices were lovely. Thinking about it make me want it again. It will happen again soon.


Myself and Gemma carried on our girly few days and went on a shopping trip to Truro. It was another nice day, even though there were a few shopping disappointments for me. So naturally when you start to run out of steam when shopping, you need to refuel. We went to a lovely little vegetarian cafe type restaurant called Lettuce & Lovage. I really do feel the Lovage. We got a huge plate of Nachos to share, and some elderflower to drink and it was awesome. It is just so yummy. The one thing though, is they could do with more cheese. Just a tad more. Personally there weren't enough Jalapenos for my taste. The guacamole and the salsa were very good though, big chunks of avocado doused in lime juice, and huge chunks of tomatoes and herbs. It was an orgasm in the mouth.


I would recommend Lettuce & Lovage to anyone who appreciates good food and wonderful flavours. But if you are going to complain about the lack of meat on the menu then i suggest that you steer clear.


So yes, over all a lovely few days for the senses. Amazing food. Beautiful Clothes. Fresh Air. Pampering. Chats and Giggles.

Then i have to go an spoil the good food with THE BEST SWEETS IN THE WORLD...


I am however, not complaining.





No comments:

Post a Comment